The client has been a leader in project management and engineering for 40 years, serving the industry around the world. Their reputation is based on forming successful partnerships with our customers, providing them with innovative designs and cost-effective solutions in the context of sound judgment, strong management and technical excellence.
They offer Full Service Engineering for their clients, including project and program management, procurement, design, construction management, health and safety management, commissioning, qualification and start-up of numerous projects in a large number of market sectors. Their main market sectors are; pharmaceuticals and biotechnology, medical technologies, oil and gas, advanced technology, science and education, food and beverage and energy.
We are looking for a motivated Senior Down Stream Processing Engineer who works at the interface between development and production. You ensure a smooth tech transfer of new products in production (either the CTM pilot plant or production) and give for second line support of running production. In addition, you identify possible improvements for increased robust manufacturing and translate this back to development studies.
Your main tasks will be:
- Within the tech transfer team you are responsible for a smooth tech transfer of the DSP part;
- be the person in plant during production (both in Leiden or at external sites);
- ensure the proper sample plan and logistics of samples of the production runs (TT and CTM-batches);
- analyse & report the analytical data from the production runs (TT and CTM-batches);
- support in training op operators from production and Ass Scientists from development;
- indentify improvements for further robust manufacturing and translate this into a development package.
- Minimal BSc or MSc in chemical engineering, microbiology, organic chemistry or similar life science related field with five years of hands-on operational DSP experience (lab, pilot and/or production scale), relevant DSP unit operations are Filtration, Chromatography and UF/DF;
- experience with scale-up/scale-down of DSP processes;
- good communication skills;
- affinity with cGMP requirements - training is a plus;
- preferably experience with Lean/Process Excellence;
The most important competencies for this position are:
- enthusiasm to support production by hands-on presence during production (sometimes traveling required);
- demonstrated communication capabilities and the ability to bridge between production and development;
- data-analysis & report writing;
- quality, efficiency, accuracy and reliability of work;