Periode: 1 year to unlimited time
Our client is a is a high-tech European developer and manufacturer of satellite control sub-systems and components. The activities are organized in product lines; each of which ranks top positions (first or second) within the European supplier field.
The Design Engineer Mechanical requires conceptual direction with specification like technical inputs from a Senior Engineer on design tasks. Incompletely defined requirements must be developed into specific designs generating a full design package consisting of layouts, schematics, detail drawings, assembly drawings, parts lists, etc. suitable for subsequently production release. Working independently or with a System Engineer, Design and Production Engineer Mechanical also generates dimensional and functional specifications for vendor supplied components. The position presents design results for review and substantiates soundness of design through discussion of assumptions, constraints and analyses used. The position requires a level of technical know-how that is commensurate with extensive experience in the design of high performance, high density packages.
The assigned main tasks are but not limited to:
- Interact with project teams on concepts and translate conceptual drawings in design drawings
- Create details part and product drawings 3D and 2D
- Prepare complete designs, often complex, with minimal technical inputs by comprehending the total task and planning out the detail requirements.
- Realize designs according statements of work
- Realize BOM’s and other relevant project document
- Create the article numbers in the ERP system ? Create the ERP structure (if applicable)
- Add the project articles in the CIDL / Dynamic BOM ? Prepare complex redesigns and repackaging of existing products through proper component and hardware sizing, selection, etc.
- Perform engineering calculations related to sizing, performance, tolerance and assembly
- Select components, materials and processes
- Design (test) tooling and fixtures when required
- Assure accuracy of design through carefully checking of his own and work of others
- Assure timely completion of assigned projects
- Coordinate with Production to develop effective production control configurations (kit structure, alternate parts, revision control, etc.)
- Archive and maintain archived drawings or relevant project documents
The competencies required for this function are:
- Two years or more related design experience
- Mechanical Bachelor degree or equivalent by experience
- Experience with a 3D models software tool Autodesk Inventor is preferred