Periode: Staff position after a trail period of a year
Our customer, active in the Space and Defense industry, has a need for a System Engineer Propulsion.
A System Engineer Propulsion is responsible for technical design aspects during a project. Projects may vary from designing, producing, Testing and Delivery of Satellite components to doing a technical feasibility study.
Managing projects will require managing a considerable variety of tasks amongst which are;
- Managing the development process compared to legal and predefined ECSS, company and customer requirements.
- Supporting tender management by providing input on the technical volume of a quotation.
- Being responsible for managing the technical volume of a project or product, including schedule and budget aspects of the development activities.
- Providing on time delivery of data packages for all steps in the development process from SRR until CDR.
- Distributing technical information to assigned resources involved in the development phase and follow up on how these technical requirements are imbedded in an entire design.
- Managing trade-offs between the various disciplines to achieve the optimal design.
- Supporting the purchase department by providing purchasing requirements/specifications including the indication of preferred suppliers from the approved supplier list for flight hardware.
- Developing and managing detailed documentation in which the technical and system knowledge are secured (including lessons learned about product and project)
You are the primary point of contact for customers, project- and product team members for technical issues.
- Perform analysis and system design tasks
- Creating documents for the data packages for the different design reviews (EQSR, PDR, CDR)
- Managing the development schedule and associated budget
- Delivering input to Product Assurance for creating the Verification Control Document.
- Creating test procedures
- Test coordination with the Test Department
- Giving support to Production and Test phases in the project
- The SE is the contact person towards the customer during the project, when it comes to technical related questions
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a bachelor degree in engineering (aerospace, electro-mechanical or equivalent) with at least 5 years plus experience in a similar position and industry
- You have a master degree in engineering (aerospace, electro-mechanical or equivalent) with at least 3 years plus experience in a similar position and industry.
- Your English at full professional proficiency level